- SugarCRM Process Automation – Create New Cases from Opportunities
Automating your companies day to day business using SugarCRM Process Automation is highlighted in this tutorial where we show you how to create a case when an Opportunity is modified. A SierraCRM Process Manager customer in Australia contacted our support organization and asked how they can automatically create a new Case when a SugarCRM Opportunity was modified. The key to the process was being able to ensure that the Account related to the Opportunity would also be the Account related to the new Case.
The architecture of SugarCRM for Accounts – Opportunities and Accounts – Cases is slightly different. In Opportunities, the Account related to the Opp is linked via a link table. This link table is a simple table that holds the id for the account in one column and the id for the opportunity in the other column. For SugarCRM cases, the account information is held directly on the Case table in the account_id column.
What we present in the video is how to create a custom field in the Opportunity using Studio. This custom fields will be called acct_id_c. We show how to create a simple process where on Opportunity Create we copy the id from the related Account to this new custom field. A second process is then presented that shows how to create a new Case and set the fields using both static and dynamic data, including the setting of the Cases account_id column.
Check out the Video at Vimeo:Watch Video!
- Convert Leads and move Notes to new Contact with SugarCRM Process Automation
One of SierraCRM’s newest customers from Serbia has a need to auto convert SugarCRM leads to a new Account and Contact and in the process copy the Notes that were related to the Lead to the newly created Contact.
We have done this tutorial in the past under a previous version of Process Manager and thought it would be appropriate to show under the new Process Manager 3.0.
The tutorial highlights the simplistic way to build a automated process via Process Managers easy to use Drag and Drop builder.
Check out the Video at Vimeo:
Check out the video Convert_Lead_-_Copy_Notes_to_ContactWatch Video!
- Process Manager 3.0. Powerful SugarCRM Workflow – Product Overview
Process Manager 3.0 from SierraCRM is now generally available. This powerful SugarCRM Workflow add-on will assure that your customers will travel in First Class when embarking on their Customer Journey with your company. Many new features are to be found in Process Manager 3.0, including:
- Export and Import Processes
- Easier to use Process Builder
- Expanded Filters and Conditions
- Update Related Objects from Related Objects
- Apply filters and conditions to Recurring Processes
There is more to this list. Check out the all new videos and tutorials found on the Videos Menu on the website.Watch Video!
- Process Manager Enterprise 3.0 – Case Management with Service Level Agreements – Simply Powerful SugarCRM Workflow
Process Manager 3.0 for SugarCRM. Simple Powerful Workflow. See how simple it is to setup a Business Process in SugarCRM that will run every day at 8AM and find all Open Cases created the day before that are related to Accounts that have Service Level Agreements entitling them to 24 hour support.Watch Video!
- Convert Lead – Transfer Notes on Lead to New Contact
When a Lead is converted in SugarCRM the Notes attached to that Lead do not copy over automatically to the new Contact upon conversion. This tutorial of Process Manager Enterprise 2.5 workflow module for SugarCRM, explains how you can setup a business process that migrates the Notes from the Lead to the new Contact. In addition to Notes, any related object can be moved along side the Notes during conversion.Watch Video!
- Daily Birthday Email
In this short video, we highlight the simplicity and power of Process Manager Enterprise 2.5 by creating a business process/workflow that will find all Contacts in your SugarCRM system where their birthday is today and send them a Happy Birthday Email.Watch Video!
- Process Manager Enerprise 2.5 New Features
Hey SugarCRM Fans,
Great news. Process Manager 2.5 is now shipping. It has been a very busy summer for SierraCRM with new consulting customers and new Process Manager customers. Lots of new feature requests have come our way since our 2.1 release back at SugarCon in April. We headed into the lab around May and now we are pleased to announce the general availability of Process Manager Enterprise 2.5.
This is just ‘Simply Powerful SugarCRM Workflow’
Some of the new features to note include:
- Updated user interface – even easier to build processes with new Action Buttons
- Support for Relate Fields when sending Email
- Calling REST services. You read that correctly – you can now call REST services from Process Manager and the return string from the service can be passed to a Custom Script
- Duplicate Processes
- A new condition operator – When Field Value changes from value to another
- Append By Value and Append By Field when updating objects or related objects.
- Create Sugar Notifications for Sugar 7
Check out the video that highlights these new features.Watch Video!
- Customer Support and Service Level Agreements with Process Manager Enterprise 2.5 – Simply Powerful SugarCRM Workflow
The power and simplicity of Process Manager Enterprise is highlighted in this video where we show you how to setup a business process on the creation of a case where the priority is High and the related Account is a Gold Account. The company is obligated to complete the support case in one hour. If not, then the case is escalated.Watch Video!
- Manage New Leads with Process Manager Enterprise 2.5
Automating the management of new leads in SugarCRM is one of Process Manager’s easiest processes to create and modify to fit your own needs. In this video, we create a sample process to manage new leads with the lead source equal to “Web Site” that will send a series of emails and schedule calls over three days. We will include a “Cancel Process Event” such that if the Lead is converted we will stop sending Emails to the Lead.Watch Video!
- Update Related Tasks when a Case is Closed with Process Manager Enterprise 2.5
Today’s tutorial was created to show you how Process Manager can help with Support Cases. Many companies want SugarCRM to be able to automatically close all tasks related to a case when that case is closed. This video shows you how to do that with Process Manager Enterprise 2.5Watch Video!
- Accounts Assigned to new User – Update all Related Tasks and assign to this new User
With the release of Process Manager Enterprise 2.5, we are happy to continue with the creation of video tutorials and demonstrations of our product. This particular tutorial came from a request on our LinkedIn page, and is about updating fields on all related modules.
This demonstration uses PM Enterprise 2.5 to show how to set up a process that runs when an account’s Assigned User ID is changed, then it immediately updates all related tasks to have the same Assigned User ID as the account.Watch Video!
- Discover SugarCRM Webcast
Discover SugarCRM Webcast
We have been featured on the DiscoverSugarCRM webcast!Watch Video!
- Installing Process Manager Enterprise
This tutorial shows how to upload, install, and configure Process Manager Enterprise from SierraCRM.Watch Video!